Some known and lesser known facts:
- Every year 26 January is celebrated as the republic day of free India.On 26th January 1950 India has adopted the constitution.
Actually no one has written the constitution but the credit of drafting is given to Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar as he was the chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Constituent Assembly.
Prem Behari Narain Raizada was the person who had hand-written the whole constitution in a beautiful calligraphy. He was selected because of his beautiful calligraphic talent.
- When he was asked for salary. He replied to PM Nehru “Not a Single Penny I need. By the grace of Good I have all things and quite happy with my life. But I have one reservation, that on every page of constitution I will write my name and on the last page I will write my name along with my grandfather’s name.”
- His grandfather’s name was Master Ram Prasadji Saxena.
It took 6 months to complete the task. Raizada used No.303 Nib for this calligraphy along with 254 pen holder nibs.
Hansa Jivraj Mehta represented all the women of India in the parliament.She was a part of Advisory Committee and Sub Committee on Fundamental Rights.
Mahtama gandhi wanted to disband the Indian national congress as it has outlived its purpose.
- Prior to one day of his death Gandhiji wrote : “Though split into two, India having attained political independence through means devised by the Indian National Congress, the Congress in its present shape and form, i.e., as a propaganda vehicle and parliamentary machine, has outlived its use.”
KHADI can only be used for making our National flag by law. Khadi Development and Village Industries Commission holds the right to manufacture the flag and allocates it to regional groups.
- Flying of National tricolor made of any other material than khadi is punishable under law of three years imprisonment and a fine.